We’re here for you
Frequently asked questions
I think I need an engineer
ENGINEER CALL OUT CHARGES
If we send out an engineer to fix a fault or make an improvement that is due to our network outside the boundary of your premises, it’s free of charge. However, if the problem is due to something you have done yourself, there will be a charge of £95.
Problems that you will be charged for include:
- If you’ve damaged your main socket
- Issues caused by the wiring to your home phone extension
- If you’ve connected-up your equipment incorrectly
- Interference from something else such as your phone, alarm system, or a faulty microfilter
- Damage caused by damp, flood, fire, or building work
- Damage to equipment or lines outside caused by things like broken guttering or trees
- Telephone wires that have been accidently cut
Until an engineer has visited your property and made an assessment we won’t be able to tell you if there is a charge or not. We would highly recommend calling our service team on 01633 530 519 so they can test your line and run through some quick checks.
If we can’t find a fault or fix the problem over the phone, we’ll give you the option to book an engineer.